What is NextMD?
NextMD is a patient portal service that eliminates time-consuming phone calls and allows you, the patient, on-line access to your physician's office. All requests or questions will be answered within 24 hours. With respect to system security, unlike emails that use multiple servers over the internet, the NextMD technology allows your doctor to use a single server secured by both a firewall and 128-bit encryption to safeguard your privacy. This secured system operates by a password protected log-in that you receive upon registering for the service. Only you will have access to your information. Each family member will receive their own log-in code and password. If the patient is under 18 years of age, the responsible parent will receive the enrollment code and password information.
Benefits of NextMD
With NextMD, you can access a wealth of general health information online, view new messages from the practice or take advantage of these many powerful benefits:
- Access and request personal or general information.
- Receive and review Lab Results within days of the testing.
- Request a non-urgent appointment or confirm an appointment. For all urgent issues, we ask that you call our office.
- Request medication refills.
- Receive documents from your doctor such as immunization records, return to work/school forms, lab result cards, and visit summaries.
- Receive important notifications such as drug recalls or guidance, tailored to your specific health plan, chronic conditions, and disease management.
- Many new features, such as the ability to fill out forms and pre-visit questionnaires, and online doctor visits are on the horizon.
- No health information is sent via email. When a message is sent from the doctor's office, you receive an email stating you have a new message from USMD | Medical Clinic of North Texas and are directed to log in to NextMD to review.